Frequently Asked Questions
A typical brand story includes a combination of professional portraits, editorial photos and a behind the scenes look at your work and personal life.
Right now I’m focused on creating brand imagery for businesses. If you have a larger project scope you’d like to discuss, let’s talk.
Yes, the time and energy you put into creating an event deserves to be captured by more than smartphones and selfie sticks. I will capture the big stories, candid moments and little details that make your business unique.
Because I custom tailor my services to your business, please contact me for pricing information.
DAY IN THE LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY
- 2-3 hours of photographic coverage for up to 5 people ($50 for each additional person)
- hi-resolution edited digital images with print release
- 10 year online gallery of images for easy download and sharing
The point of this session is to get images of your real life. Imagine morning cuddles in bed, messy breakfasts, bath time, an outing for coffee or ice cream or to the car wash — whatever you do as a family, and wherever you go, I’ll be there to capture beautiful images. So relax and read your kids a book or play a game of hide and seek. I’ll do what you can’t do for yourself: photograph you with your family.
Most of my clients spend an average of $1,500 on their session. Session rate is $800 and custom photo book design and printing ranges from $500 to $800.
Yes! Prints are easy to order directly through your online gallery. Most clients also order a custom designed premium layflat album that beautifully tells their family stories from our time together.
Sessions typically start in the morning with kids in pajamas and parents wearing relaxed weekend clothes. Something you feel good in is always a good place to start. Once the kids get dressed, it is best to avoid garments with logos or words.
Great - get in touch with me right here.
A book that is professionally printed with your photos directly on the page. Imagine the book sitting on your coffee table or bookshelf ready for your family and friends to pick up and enjoy. Popular themes include travel, special events, weddings and annual yearbooks.
A typical book project takes two to three months from start to finish.
Absolutely. I do not print until you are happy.
Yes. Upon completion of the design, you will receive an email with a private link to preview your book in its entirety. This is your opportunity to communicate any minor edits or changes you would like to see incorporated in the book. If significant editing is required, we will discuss the possibility of an extra charge. Typically there are at most a few text changes or simple photo swaps requested.
- Time: It will take you many hours to create your own photo book. That is, if you ever get around to actually sitting down to start it…and finish it. I will do it all for you and you still get the credit.
- Quality: There is a wide range of quality with online publishers. I have worked hard to identify and select vendors that offer the highest quality paper and book binding materials as well as superior printing services.
- Photo Editing: I utilize my professional photography editing skills to enhance your images.
- Creativity: Online book-making tools are improving to allow for more creative input from the consumer. However, it could take you many hours to figure out how to achieve a professionally designed page. I offer clean, simple, modern design that pushes the envelope of templates and page layouts.
- Experience: I have created many books and know what it takes to make a book a family treasure.
- Customer Service: My goal is to make you happy and to create something that you will cherish forever. I will work closely with you to do this. I listen to your vision, hear your stories, design the book, ask for input and will not print until you are happy. Online publishers cannot offer you friendly, real person treatment like this.
Book projects start at $1,500. Because every story is unique, I provide custom quotes based on the scope of each individual project. Feel free to share the number of photos you’d like to send and your vision for the book when you get in touch.
I work with several online file storage and transfer sites that make it easy for you to upload and share your files with me.
Of course. While a more curated photo set will require less design time, I understand how daunting this can feel. If sorting through your photos is holding you back from starting this project, my best advice is to send them all along and get the book started. Your photographs will be culled to the best of the best.
Yes, all images will be color corrected, cropped and retouched as necessary.
Yes, the majority of our work can be done via email with Skype calls as needed.
Paypal or check is easiest. Details will be provided on final invoice.
If you are not happy with the design, I will work until you are satisfied. If the book comes to you damaged, I will replace it.
Great, you can get in touch right here.