I’ve had a few questions about the process of adding a QR code to a photo book so today I’m sharing a quick how-to. Whether you’d like to add a link to an audio clip or movie file to your book, the steps are similar and quite easy.
- Upload video file to an online site, such as Dropbox or Vimeo (my preference so I don’t have to store the file).
- Copy URL link to this file
- Paste link into a QR code generation site, I use QR Stuff
- Click the “Download QR Code” button
- Once your code is downloaded, think of it like any other jpeg file that you add to your photo book. I am careful to keep the file size consistent with the downloaded file (i.e. 200×200).
- Record audio on phone using Recorder app
- Rename the Memo so it is easy to find
- Email recording to yourself
- Follow steps 1 – 5 for adding video above
Adding audio or video to your photo book is a great way to bring the words and images of a story to life!